Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Black Flocking on Glossy Black Paste

I loved doing this card. The flower lace background stencil (LJ820) is one of my favorites. This time I paste-embossed it with Glossy Black Embossing Paste (DGKP)... in fact I used the new paste spreader (LM2010) to paste-emboss the black paste onto a pale pink cardstock. The new spreader is especially wonderful for large lacy designs like this one. After I removed the stencil and while the paste was very wet I sprinkled the black flocking generously over the design. I placed it on my pancake griddle to hasten the drying time. (It usually cuts the drying time in half ...if not faster.) Then I turned on my laminator to give it time to heat up. After about 20 minutes I knocked the excess flocking off the paste (you don't want it too thick going through the laminator) and then sprinkled it sparsely with the black flocking. I then placed it into a folded piece of glossy paper and ran it through my now well heated laminator. The heat and pressure helps push the flocking into the slightly heated glossy black paste. I trimmed it out and tied it up with a pale pink ribbon and a black organza ribbon to make it look like a package wrapped in black lace. The small celebrate stencil (LS89) was placed onto a small glossy black tag and then paste-embossed with a mixture of Glossy White Embossing Paste (DGWP) and a small amount of Glossy Red Embossing Paste (DGRP). The ratio was 4 parts white to 1 part red. Remember when you are mixing to make a tint you want the majority of the mix to be white. Once it was dry I tied it into the ribbon. This is a card that people want to touch...the fuzzy surface is a real tactile delight!


This is my last pink/black colorway posting. Tomorrow it is a free challenge day for the Dream Team...come back and see what they are dreaming up!

3 comments:

sommrstamping said...

Oh this is pretty I like the trick with the laminator now if I could just find mine.

Louise said...

Beautiful card Lynell, I have to remember to use flocking more often!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and my interest is piqued with the black flocking and running it through the heat laminator. Most interesting!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive