Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday's Dream Schemes/March Challenge!

This month's challenge is called CAS or clean and simple. I want to thank everyone who has been sending their creations and linking up to Mr. Linky at the end of each of my postings to join the challenge.


Today I am sharing a card from a store owner in Salem, Oregon. Lisa Taylor owns Stampin' Cat Studio and the other day she happened to send me a card in the mail. (I love getting a handmade card, don't you?) Anyway the card you see in this post is a special rub out technique done with Memories Mists Ultra Vivid sprays. I love these sprays...they come in really electric neon colors and you can really create some interesting effects. You need to be sure when you are finished working with them to clean the atomizer. This means that each time you remove the atomizer by screwing it off the bottle, spray out the excess in this spray nozzle and then rinse it out under running water. You need to do this because the pigments that create these wonderful colors are thick and have a tendency to clog the nozzle or atomizer. Lisa stenciled the gingko design (LJ893) on the right side of the card with gray ink. On the left side she did the "rub out" technique. First she sprayed with the Ultra Vivid blues and greens onto glossy card stock. She let it set for just a few minutes and then placed her stencil onto the paper and using a soft rag or paper towel she rubbed ink color out of the stencil holes. If the ink doesn't come off easily you can spray just a bit of window cleaner or rubbing alcohol onto your rag and rub with that. Be sure that this moisture is just damp not wet. Don't rub too hard or you'll make your paper soggy and perhaps even tear it. Their are many variations on this and you can click HERE to see one of my older posts with a card my daughter Elizabeth did with the same technique. I love it when a technique is put forth and people go all different directions to create. That is my challenge to you for this last week of March's challenge at Dreamweaver...just DREAM it UP and make it simple!


So either email me a creation to lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com or link your blog on Mr. Linky below with your interpretation of the challenge and you will be entered to win two stencils. There will be one winner who does the best job of interpreting the CAS challenge and there will be one winner who uses the Dreamweaver products most creatively in the CAS challenge. Don't forget to visit the Dream Team's blogs...their names are on the sidebar of my blog or listed below. Also you can scroll down to the earliest post in March to see the stencils that you could win.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Cool technique. I will have to give it a try!! I hope you have a great weekend!

Cherylynn said...

Awesome job Lisa!!!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

ooooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh love this and the fun design!

Pam Hornschu said...

I soooo have to try this technique!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card not to mention the technique!

Louise said...

This is fabulous ! I have been meaning to use this technique again and keep forgetting. I will defiantly try it again after seeing this.

sommrstamping said...

I really love this card and the technique. Haven't used my memory mists for awhile. Plus aI love that gingko leaf sencil.

Anne Temple said...

Love this and definitely want to try it. Glad I was able to play in the CAS challenge this month.

Caroline D. said...

The card above and that technique looks super fun! It made a pretty card. I just posted a CAS using the Stewart Superior Metal Leaf on the Three Butterflies stencil for the challenge. :o) Sure was fun creating with those wonderful butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Finally got my submission for the CAS challenge done. : )

Laura Drahozal said...

This card is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive