Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer is Upon Us!!! AND...we have a WINNER!

This month our creations will center around summertime fun in the sun. This has been an odd summer so far in Southern California. The days have been warm, but haven't been scorching. Whereas I talked to my friend Leesa at Creative Impressions in Colorado Springs and they have been in the middle of fires and ultra hot weather for days. My daughter Liz is now living in Salt Lake City and she said they are tied for the driest summer on record in Utah. So we know that the nation is HOT HOT HOT!!! So let's create some COOL cards for summertime fun!


The "Summer" stencil (LM294) sparkles with a transparent yellow ART GLITTER (lemon drop ultrafine neon) on top of the Dreamweaver Matte Yellow Embossing Paste (DMYP). I repeated the image four times very quickly by using my "power pasting " technique that is shown in my DVD (Tips & Tools) and then applied the glitter immediately to the wet paste. While it was drying I paste-embossed the sun stencil (LR502) onto a metallic turquoise paper using the same paste and glitter and after it was dry cut it out. The card was then assembled utilizing ribbon and double stick mounting tape. The plaid ribbon around the outer edge is from Creative Impressions and the other ribbons and trim are from a local big box store. The beautiful aqua paper that was used as a base to paste-emboss onto is Tsumugi paper from Hanko Designs. I have to say that it is one of my favorite papers to paste on. It recovers really well and doesn't seem to warp very much with the moisture.


Remember that if you would like to join the challenge this month link your creation to mr. linky below. If you don't have a blog you can email me a photo (lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com) of your creation and I'll post it for you on my blog. Of course you have to put up with me telling everyone how I thought you made the card...LOL! Point being... that you might want to send just a brief description of how you created your masterpiece. This past month we have been playing along with the Art Glitter Design Team and it has been soooo hard to choose winners...you all do lovely work, so for this last giveaway I am asking  the resident artist to choose the winner. He is very qualified, he has spent more than 25 years as an art director for a graphic art dept. and is my go-to guy for advice when I have a glitch in my own design skills. The winner of the last packet of stencils and glitter goes to Stacey Rumsby. So Stacey please email me the address where you would like the package mailed. YAY...beautiful job Stacey!!! Here is the picture of her card:
The stencil giveaway for next month is a new stencil that will be available in August at your local retailers. The final size is one of our LX stencils. We recently started manufacturing this size for people who want to run their stencils through the embossing machines and have a completed card size. This card falls under that category and will have a sentiment already in the design. This makes it much easier for those of you who have long Christmas card lists. Here is a teaser of just a piece of the stencil you can win:
Don't forget to visit the team this month to see what they are creating too!

11 comments:

Cherylynn said...

I love the warmth of your card Lynell!

And Stacey's double-glitter butterfly is amazing. Great coloring!!!

Liz Martin said...

This card makes me smile. Everything about it is summer time fun.

Louise said...

Fun summer card Lynell! I love that Hanko cardstock too it is so beautiful !
Congrats Stacey!

Anonymous said...

Ooh like the card. Very fun.

Pam Hornschu said...

Very summery, beachy, sunny, and fun! And you know I love the colors!

rose s. said...

love your card stacey - your butterflies are so pretty. i really like the sun on the summer card and the xmas stencil is awesome. i will have to get myself that one :) happy summer everyone.

Laura Drahozal said...

I just love how you used the summer stencil a few times to make a pattern. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this month's challenge. Have a happy and safe summer everyone!

Jessie Hurley said...

Sorry I'm late, but i wanted to congratulate Stacey on winning! The colours you chose are beautiful together!

JD/ Jill said...

Really like your "Summery" card, and congrats to Stacey.

rose s. said...

i just got my prize package today of stencils and glitters. it is wonderful and i know i will have a lot of fun using everything! thank you so much.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive